Install Win95 from floppy

Vladislav S. Davidzon davidzon at metronet.lib.mi.us
Sat Mar 14 12:52:38 EST 1998

Good afternoon,

If you have a license for the _b_ version of windows, you
can install it by simply copying it via laplink or dos 6.22
interlink (for the setup files) and the installing it off the
hard drive itself.  Of course you'd need enough free space
on the hard drive, but it shouldn't be too hard.  I've had
to install windows this way on several of our compaqs where
the CDROM drives have failed.

Please do note that a license for the original A version of
Windows does not allow you to run the B version.  Please
correct me if I am wrong, however I have read the above in
several articles online, including the OSR2 FAQ.

Hope this helps!

Vladislav Davidzon
Technology Assistant, Farmington Community Library
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.
Small people always do that, but the really great make you
feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain