NETSCAPE:Offensive Patrons

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Mar 13 14:13:31 EST 1998

Bobb,

One option is to look at my page describing how to run Netscape in a
modified Kiosk mode.  For public Internet use, I would include the toolbar
and the location bar.  However, by eliminating the menu bar, you can
prevent patrons from adjusting preferences and creating new windows.
However, it still is possible to use the Control-N keys to create a new
window, so its not fool proof(what is?!) but it might help a little.  This
method works with Navigator 4.x on Win 3.11 machines.

Instructions are at:

http://northville.lib.mi.us/tech/kiosk.htm

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library