Workshop - Evaluating and Purchasing Web Databases (SF Bay Area, CA)

Christine Merten cmerten at wahoo.sjsu.edu
Thu Mar 12 00:56:55 EST 1998

To Buy or Not to Buy: Evaluating and Purchasing Web Databases
(SF Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

Friday, April 3, 1998
8:30am - 12:30pm
Raychem Corporation, Menlo Park, CA

A Professional Development Workshop sponsored by the San Andreas Chapter
of the Special Libraries Association (SLA).

As information has migrated through different media such as print,
microfiche, traditional dial-up, and CD-ROM, we are now faced with the
option of purchasing web-based information.  Our speakers will discuss
issues which will assist you in making informed decisions regarding
information now available via the World Wide Web.  Topics will include
evaluating information integrity and content, and user interface.  In
addition, you will learn about the digital license agreement and the
contract negotiation process.

Presentations by:
* Lydia Dehn -Independent Consultant.  Former Director, Content Business
Development at Knight Ridder Information/The Dialog Corporation.
* Alison Head, PhD, MLS - teaches Human Computer Interaction at San Jose
State University.
* Mike Kelly - Purchasing Manager, Professional and Corporate Services at
Apple Computer, Inc.

$30.00 for SLA members; $35.00 for non-members; $20.00 for students and
those who are retired or between jobs.

Registration must be done by mail.  For more details including registration
form and directions, see the web site at:
http://www.san-andreas-sla.org/sa/programs/workshop2.htm