web extensions of the catalog

Brian Stone bstone at imcpl.lib.in.us
Tue Mar 10 11:31:12 EST 1998

I am wondering what library vendors (or library's) have the following:

1. A z39.50 server with allows access to item information through free
z39.50 clients

2. ability to place holds, renew, or view patron information over the
web.

3. email notification of holds and overdue notices.

4. access to API's that allow custom extension of basic library
functions (holds, renewal)

We are in the process of evaluating system vendors. All of the major
vendors promise mpst of this. I'm interested to see what is really
working. Any information about this would be helpful.

Brian