need for new list?

Diane Lewis DILEWIS at IGSRGLIB01.ER.USGS.GOV
Tue Mar 10 09:12:57 EST 1998

I was staying offline on this one,being neither a Webmaster,
nor among the technically gifted.  I monitor this list so that I
can talk/understand our systems folks' lingo & find out what's
out there that we can ask for in terms of library-oriented technology.

However (you knew that was coming!), I just have to weigh in.
A new list seems a bit superfluous.  Web4lib is meant for library
folk and what traffic there is seems to be heavily technical rather than
policy-oriented. Perhaps I'm missing something, but what's wrong with
just staying with one inclusive list?
Diane M. Lewis, Serial Records   phone:  (703)648-4399
& Exchange Librarian             fax:    (703)648-6373
U.S. Geological Survey Library
National Center--MS 950
Reston, Virginia  20192

"If you want peace, work for justice."--Pope Paul VI