Need for a new list?

emiller at SMTPGWY.ISINET.COM emiller at SMTPGWY.ISINET.COM
Fri Mar 6 14:35:00 EST 1998

I would hope that this list would not be closed to those of us who are charged
with managing web sites and are not librarians. I am inexperienced in the web
programming end of things and don't get much benefit from the programmer's lists
either.  I have learned a lot from Web4Lib and would expect to learn from
cgi4lib (if that is what it ends up being called) if I were allowed to
participate.

Elisa Miller                                          "Whatever you can do or
Institute for Scientific Information        dream you can, begin it.
3501 Market Street                            Boldness has genius, power
Philadelphia, Pa 19104                       and magic in it."
(215)386-0100 x 1395                                             Goethe
emiller at isinet.com
URL - http://www.isinet.com

-----Original Message-----
From:     drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU at INTERNET
Sent:     Friday, March 06, 1998 1:05 PM
To:     web4lib at library.berkeley.edu at INTERNET
Subject:     RE: Need for a new list?

I am now discussing setting up such a list with the assistance of another
SUNY librarian.  I think such a list would focus on the technical side of
the web for libraires and librarians.  I envision such list open only to
librairans and those working in libraries.  Discsussions would be kept to
the topics related to the technical side of the web including JS, Java,
perl, setting up servers, HTML, and so on.  Is that too broad?  The list
would be closed in that only list members could submit messages.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew2
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/?ng>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Address Book Card available upon request (v-card)