FTP software

Peter Murray pem at po.cwru.edu
Fri Mar 6 09:44:02 EST 1998

--On Thu, Mar 5, 1998 6:09 AM -0800 "Mignon Morse" <library at popi.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have a good software that they use to ftp their website to
> your IP?  I would like one that is relatively inexpensive.

If you are on a Macintosh, I'd recommend BBEdit from Barebones software.  It
is a standard text editor has a component built-in that lets you open a file
via FTP from a server, make changes, and have the "save" command save the
changes back to the server -- editing HTML can't be much simpler than that.
It also includes tag highlighting/coloring, HTML tag and web-safe color
toolbars, and a graphical table editor (very nice).  It is somewhat
expensive -- $119 or $79/educational -- but well worth it in my opinion.

I don't think there is an equivalent software package for Win95/NT,
though...

Peter
Peter Murray, Library Systems Manager                    pem at po.cwru.edu
Digital Media Services                 http://www.cwru.edu/home/pem.html
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio          W:216-368-5888