how to print "source file", plus a mild rant

William J. Frost fros at planetx.bloomu.edu
Wed Mar 4 12:42:09 EST 1998

I got the same results as Bill Drew.  I thought the Bobs had reconfigured
their application preferences for HTML documents, so changed mine to
WordPad.  The source code still comes up in Netscape and Ctrl P prints
what the browser sees.

I suggest we move on to other topics.  With the time spent on trying to
use Ctrl P, we could have copied and pasted a dozen page codes.

Bill Frost

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Wilfred Drew wrote:

> Just to be sure I wasn't going crazy,  I tried it again.  I brought up the
> printed the page as displayed in the browser.  It did not print the Source
> window.  What is the trick here?
>
> Ilene Frank (REF) wrote:
> >
> > Control-P didn't work for me. I got the same results as David. It printed
> > my page, but not the source.  Anyone know the secret?
> >
> > Ilene Frank, Reference Dept.
> > Tampa Campus Library, LIB 122
> > University of South Florida, Tampa FL 33620
> > ifrank at lib.usf.edu        Work 813.974.2483
> > http://www.lib.usf.edu/~ifrank/
> >
> > On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Bob Jones wrote:
> >
> > > You must go to the "view source" function.  After the source is
> > > displayed, *then* do the ctl-p.  Yes it does work and yes I've tried it.
> > >

> > > Bob Jones                                    mailto:bjones at unf.edu
> > > Head, Public Services Division and Systems Coordinator
> > > University of North Florida Library          http://www.unf.edu/library/
> > > P.O. Box 17605                               (904) 620-2552 (SC 861-2552)
> > > Jacksonville, FL  32245-7605                 FAX: (904) 620-2719
> > >                                              ARIEL: 139.62.208.88

> --
> Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
> SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
> E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
> AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew2
> Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
> Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
> Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/?ng>
> LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
> Address Book Card available upon request (v-card)
> --

	Bill Frost                       Harvey A. Andruss Library
	Reference Librarian              Bloomsburg University
	717-389-4126                     Bloomsburg, PA  17815
	fros at bloomu.edu                  Fax 717-389-3895
	Listowner CAPi-L		 http://planetx.bloomu.edu/~fros/