Sidney Plus Implementation

Gwen Galton gwen.galton at sheridanc.on.ca
Tue Mar 3 19:51:24 EST 1998

I'm hoping someone can help me come up with a ballpark figure for the
manhours required to implement the Sydney Plus ILS.  I was asked today
(Tuesday) to supply a quote on Thursday(!)to perform the implementation.
Hardware issues would be handled by the IT department. I am just interested in
quoting for *my* time.

Bibliographic records are in an INNOPAC ILS and in good shape.
There are approximately 10,000 records.  I would have to estimate the time
for the tasks involved such as developing a project plan, configuring the
database, trial data, Web interface, acceptance testing,
etc. and overall project management. Data conversion would be done by
the vendor. I would probably quote just for the cataloguing and circulation
modules and provide separate quotes for serials and acquisitions.

If anyone out there has done this or has hired a consultant to do it, I
would appreciate hearing from you ASAP.

Many thanks

Gwen...
Gwen Galton		  		       | gwen.galton at sheridanc.on.ca
School of Computing and Information Management | Tel: 905-845-9430 x2485
Sher idan College, 1430 Trafalgar Road,         | Fax: 905-815-4035
Oakville, Ontario, Canada L6H 2L1	       |
	   Visit Sheridan's "Explore the Web" cybersurfing page at
		http://www.sheridanc.on.ca/internet/cyber.htm