HTML:lists

Isobel Stark lisias at ukoln.ac.uk
Mon Mar 2 12:08:28 EST 1998

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, William J. Frost wrote:

> I remember reading somewhere of a way (Netscape extension?) to substitute
> an image for the disc, circle, or square preceding items <LI>listed</LI>
> in an <UL>unordered</UL> list, but I found nothing in both paper and
> online HTML guides.
>
> Did I dream this?

No. See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/lists.html#h-10.3.1

However the attribute 'type' which aloows you to definie whether a disc,
circle or square should be used has been deprecated in favout of
style-sheets. See:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/present/styles.html

Isobel

Isobel Stark,
Web Officer and Ariadne co-Web Editor,
UKOLN,
c/o Library, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY

tel: +44 (0) 1225 323343            fax: +44 (0) 1225 826838
email: i.a.stark at ukoln.ac.uk        url: http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/