CTRL-ALT-DEL garbage

Ken Becker beckerk at pls.lib.ca.us
Tue Mar 24 23:35:34 EST 1998

Hey all you smart people,

On our Windows 3.11 Internet machines, we get garbled words when pressing
CTRL-ALT-DEL the first time to end a task (pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL a 2nd
time would then reboot).  I know what the screen is supposed to say about
an application that's not responding, but instead of the last line (for
instance) saying "Press any key to continue" it says "PPeessaayykkyytt
oottnnee".

It does this all the time, even when there's no problem with any
application.  Someone said it might be a memory problem.  Ideas, tips,
fixes?

Thanks,
Ken Becker
Menlo Park PL