Multimedia monitors

Lewis Cartee cartee at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Mon Mar 9 06:16:26 EST 1998

We are buying 75 public multimedia workstations for accessing the
library catalog and the Internet.  Speakers on the workstations
will be disruptive to other library users, so we're looking at
providing headphones to be checked out from the Circulation Desk.

Does anyone have experience doing this?  Has it worked well?

We're concerned about letting users go to the back of the
workstations to plug the headphones in themselves.  ViewSonic
manufactures monitors with a headphones jack.  Has anyone used this
approach?  What other options are there for bringing a headphones
jack to the front of the workstation?

Any information is most welcome.  TIA.

Lewis Cartee
Systems Department