Revised Standards for New List -- WebProgL

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Mon Mar 9 11:39:26 EST 1998

Revised Standards
Here is a suggested name -- WebProgL  Web Programming for Libraries

Purpose:
The purpose of WebProgL is to promote sharing of information and ideas in
technical issues related to maintaining and setting up library webpages.
This list is not for discussion of policy issues of any type.
Such discussions should take place on Web4Lib.  This list is a closed list
in that only subscribers can receive and send messages.  The list is
archived and searchable at _____.  It presently is unmoderated but repeated
abuses will lead to revocation of membership in the list.

Membership:

Librarians, students in library graduate programs, anyone maintaining a web
site for libraries, or anyone with an interest in the topic.

Topics:

All discussion must be library centered.  Including but not limited to:

1. Browser-side scripting and programming (including but not limited to
JavaScripts, Java Applets, and ActiveX).

2. Server-side scripting and programming (including but not limited to CGI
Scripts, Perl, and other scripting solutions).

3. Web administration (setup and control)

4. User Authentication

5. HTML coding

6. Other related topics.

Suggested Restrictions:

1. Absolutely no advertising (participants may recommend software for
specific problems and solutions).

2. No site reviews except for technical discussions

3. No spamming.

4. No off topic discussions allowed.

5. Only members of the list can send and receive messages from
the list.

Please send me input on this.  I think we need to get this list going in
the next week or two.
--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew2
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/?ng>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Address Book Card available upon request (v-card)