Using W3Launch with Virtual Basic files? (fwd)

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 25 16:41:43 EDT 1998

Posted on behalf of John Burke <burkejo at ucrwcu.rwc.uc.edu>. Please reply
either to him or the list.
Roy

---------------------------------------
Hello!

I have been using W3Launch since December to run local CD-ROMs
(non-networked) from a page on our library Web.  We have eight Win95
machines, all Pentiums.  Recently, I have been trying to use the same
approach with a number of networked CD-ROMs that are located at our main
campus.  All has gone well for some the CD-ROM titles, ones that have .bat
and .exe files that start them up.

However,  the vast majority of the titles are initiated with Virtual Basic
script (.vbs) files.  These files reside on a network drive (N:) and while
they work fine with shortcuts from the desktop or clicking on them in
Windows Explorer, pointing to the same files in W3Launch leads to a "File
Cannot Be Found" error.  I would prefer to have all of our resources
available through Netscape, hence the W3Launch, but this one has me
stymied.  Any thoughts on getting this to work?

Thanks for your help!

John

John J. Burke, MSLS  |  Systems/Public Services Librarian
University of Cincinnati - Raymond Walters College Library
E-mail: john.burke at uc.edu  |  I Corinthians 1:25