Prospectus/web publishing

Anne George amg at rca.ac.uk
Fri Jun 19 06:56:14 EDT 1998

Could people help me with a debate going on here at the moment. Do
institutions keep the information on academic courses/depts on their web
sites in step with that provided by the printed prospectus, or do they
ensure that the Web site contains the most up-to-date information if
changes occur during the progress of an academic year.

               Here the jury is split with some people arguing that for
legal reasons, information should not be altered on the Web site mid way
through an academic year, while others, including me, feel that the beauty
of a web site is so that such changes can be made easily,

                                   Anne George

Anne George                       | Royal College of Art
amg at rca.ac.uk                     | Kensington Gore, London SW7 2EU.
Tel 0171-590-4221                  |