No subject

Roseville Public Library, Adult Services libadult at roseville.ca.us
Thu Jun 18 14:54:14 EDT 1998

I'm running Netscape Navigator 3.04 on Windows 95 on a public PC.  I've
fixed my netscape.hst and prefs.js files to read-only, and I have read all
kinds of tips on clearing the history file after every user.  Now the
problem is the location bar drop-down history list.  I've seen the Netscape
Help site for how to clear the pulldown menu, but you have to do this every
time a user ends, and this is a bit labor-intensive.  I've also viewed their
"clearing the Netscape history file" site, which clears the netscape.hst
file but not the pulldown menu.

Apparently even after I take care of netscape.hst and prefs.js, that list is
still available.  I got clever and tried to "record" it and disable it in
IKIOSK, but that doesn't work, and it makes the "disabled" message pop up in
other places as well - like when I start Netscape.

I want to disable that drop-down list so that users can't select sites
others have typed in (for various reasons).  Any clues??

Peggie Gaughan
Senior Librarian & local nethead

Roseville Public Library, Adult Services
225 Taylor Street
Roseville, CA 95678

Life is just a bowl of queries!