Everyone's Menu Builder and Internet shortcuts

Beth Mazin bmazin at mhl.org
Wed Jun 17 15:25:39 EDT 1998

We are having a major problem with Everyone's Menu Builder (CARL) Version 2.0

Many of the online programs we run are web based, and require us to run the
program from an Internet shortcut. This will not work because Everyone's
Menu Builder will not return you to the menu after you close an application
run from an Internet shortcut (an Internet shortcut has a .url extension).
We are running Netscape 4.05 on Win 95 computers.  We've talked to CARL but
can't seem to get a satisfactory response (fix).  I find it hard to believe
that with the number of libraries running this program, and the need for
access to specific Internet URLs, that CARL doesn't have a solution.

If anybody out there has worked this out, with or without CARL, I would
really appreciate your help.

Beth Mazin, Assistant Director
Memorial Hall Library
Elm Square, Andover, MA  01810