securing NT and IE for public PCs

Rowan Brownlee rbrownle at ilanet.slnsw.gov.au
Mon Jun 15 08:05:10 EDT 1998

Deanne,

You might also try the LibNT list - subscription details follow

regards

Rowan

> Date:          Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:26:16 -0700
> From:          DEANNE LUCK <LUCKDL at APSU01.APSU.EDU>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject:       securing NT and IE for public PCs

> We are upgrading our public machines from windows 3.11 (with Fortres
> and no browser) to NT and IE.  If anyone is willing to share your
> publicly-secure configurations for either the IEAK or the NT policy
> editor, we would be most grateful to not have to reinvent the wheel.
>
> Thanks,
> DeAnne Luck
> Electronic Resources Librarian
> Austin Peay State University
> LuckDL at apsu01.apsu.edu

=====================================

Date sent:        Thu, 7 May 1998 19:18:00 -0700
Send reply to:    ratledge at aztec.lib.utk.edu
From:             "David Ratledge" <ratledge at aztec.lib.utk.edu>
To:               Multiple recipients of list
<web4lib at library.berkeley.edu> Subject:          Announcing LIBNT-L

Greetings!

The intent of this message is to announce the creation of a new
listserv called LIBNT-L (Library NT).

LIBNT-L is a new list with the purpose of promoting discussion and the
dissemination of information about the implementation and
administration of Windows NT in libraries. List members are encouraged
to explore in detail all aspects of this subject. Topics may range
from highly technical configuration and troubleshooting issues to
matters of managerial policy.

sub LIBNT-L <FirstName LastName>

Feel free to forward this announcement to other potentially interested
parties.

I look forward to your participation!

--
David Ratledge
Systems Librarian

Subject: Welcome to LIBNT-L!

The purpose of this list is to promote discussion and the
dissemination of information about the implementation and
administration of Windows NT in libraries. List members are encouraged
to explore in detail all aspects of this subject. Topics may range
from highly technical configuration and troubleshooting issues to
matters of managerial policy.

Spam is NOT allowed under any circumstances and any single instance
will result in the immediate removal of the offender from the list.

Flaming is strongly discouraged. We all have bad days but as a
courtesy to other list members please try to keep it professional. In
the event an individual repeatedly flames other list members they will
receive (in confidence) one warning from the list owner. If they
continue flaming other list members they will be removed from the
list.

It is hoped that this list will be of benefit to the library
profession. To this end, suggestions on ways to improve LIBNT-L are
always welcome. Feel free to post any such suggestions to the list so
that other members may comment.

David Ratledge
Systems Librarian
Hodges Library, The University of Tennessee
Voice: (423-974-4304) Fax: (423-974-0626)

Rowan Brownlee
Electronic Resources Coordinator
Information Technology Division
State Library of New South Wales
Macquarie St, Sydney, NSW 2000 Australia
rbrownle at slnsw.gov.au
ph:  02 92731708
fax: 02 92731268