Circulation question

Judy McBrian jbrian at evansville.net
Fri Jun 12 10:31:43 EDT 1998

Please excuse if this has been addressed before.
We're a smallish library (85,000 bib)and over the past year have added
10 (non-Dynix related) pc's for public access to the internet.  During
the same period we have seen circulation drop in a rather alarming
fashion, particularly in the-non fiction areas.  Recently we added a
product called Historian so we could count internet use and found that
we average about 250-300 web irls per week per pc. Does anyone have any
thoughts (or sources of information) regarding the impact of web access
on circulation, particularly in small libraries with limited reference
materials?  Or am I grasping at straws here? Any imput would be
valuable.
Also, please excuse the cross-posting.
TIA
Judy McBrian