Netscape question

Rici Lake rici at ssimicro.com
Thu Jun 11 09:35:05 EDT 1998

Louise McGillis asked:
>There is an drop arrow on the location box of Netscape, if you click on
>it you will see the urls of sites you most recently visited.  Does anyone
>know how to remove these urls?  I have tried clearing the cache, setting
>the history to zero, gone through all the preferences and options and
>have found no solution.  This problem occurs in both Netscape 3 and 4.

On Netscape 3/Win NT, at least, these URLs are stored in the registry under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Netscape Navigator/URL History
using values URL_1, URL_2, ...

Simply erasing these keys should remove the history. Or you could pre-set
them to some set of useful initial values. There is a tool in the NT
Resource Kit which allows the scripting of registry changes.

I would guess that the procedure would be the same for Netscape 4 and for
Windows 95, although I don't have either of those handy just at the moment.