DBMS Implementation for SQL?

Bob Cherry cherry at banjo.com
Wed Jun 3 12:52:19 EDT 1998

At 08:10 AM 6/3/98 -0700, Margaret Schaus wrote:
>Does anyone know of low-cost (i.e. less than $300) or shareware DBMS for
>SQL?  We are interested in building a database in SQL but can't afford the
>costs of Microsoft SQL Server and comparable packages.  Suggestions and
>advice are most welcome.

I use two different shareware type RDBMS systems for my site and I'm gradually phasing out one of them.  mSQL (MiniSQL) comes from a site in Australia and has a web interface built in.  The other and the preferred system is Postgres SQL and offers a wide variety of built in functions.  Both are in source and run on Unix servers.

msql:  			ftp://bond.edu.au//pub/Minerva/msql
PostgreSQL:	ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub

Bob Cherry
Internet Network Consultant