Remote access to databases

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Jun 3 11:00:13 EDT 1998

Alan,

While I can't speak for the other databases, IAC uses a Authentication
System that requires your patrons to enter a number -- typically their
barcode -- which is then bounced from IAC's server to your server where a
script is run that checks the number against a file containing your patron
barcodes.  Your server then bounces back a message to the IAC server
giving the thumbs-up or down on the barcode.
(Very non-technical explanation!)

For more info., see IAC's web site at:

http://www.iacnet.com/

and specifically about RPAS at: