nt question

Steve Thomas sthomas at library.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Jun 16 23:31:45 EDT 1998

At 10:48 AM 11-06-98 -0700, Victoria Johnson wrote:
>I need to come out of lurkdom and tap
>the wisdom of this group. I am very new
>to NT, we set up our own server for the
>library web pages. Now, the director
>wants to add electronic reserves on the
>same server. We have plenty of room,
>what steps should I take to add this
>function to the server. There was talk
>of assigning a different drive letter
>for the reserves etc. Any advise would
>be helpful ... before I plunge headlong
>into the heady documentation.

On the (possibly wrong) assumption that your Electronic Reserve system will
be based on a Web server, why not just make it a subset of your existing
library web service?

We've done that here. Our Library "Information Service" is at:
http://library.adelaide.edu.au/
and the Electronic Reserve is at:
	http://library.adelaide.edu.au/eres/

i.e. they've got different names but really it's all the same at the server
end.

Steve
 Stephen Thomas, Senior Systems Analyst
 Mail : Barr Smith Library, The University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005
 Phone: (08) 8303 5190                                   Fax: (08) 8303 4369
 Email: sthomas at library.adelaide.edu.au
 URL  : http://library.adelaide.edu.au/ual/staff/sthomas.html
 ** Unless otherwise stated, the content of this message reflects only my **
 ** own opinion, and not the policy of the University of Adelaide Library.**

 "I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's" -- William Blake