Monitoring Link Usage

Chris Stuart chris.stuart at st-hughs.oxford.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 08:32:52 EDT 1998

Hi, I use a Web Acceslerator when browsing. This is supposed to download
all the links from a page whilst I'm viewing it. Then, if I follow a link
from that page the linked page should already be in my disk/memory cache.
Doesn't this mean that you can never really gather reliable data about the
number of 'hits' to a particular link on a page? After all, I don't
necessarily follow all the links from a page that are downloaded by my
'Web Accelerator'
Sorry if I'm being stupid!

Chris

Chris Stuart,
Senior Assistant,             Tel:(01865)274938
St.Hugh's College Library,         E-mail:chris.stuart at st-hughs.ox.ac.uk
Oxford.                              C.J.Stuart-96 at student.lboro.ac.uk
OX2 6LE
        	      		 http://users.ox.ac.uk/~shug0425/