Menu system

John M. Morris jmorris at dtx.net
Wed Jul 8 19:08:51 EDT 1998

On Wed, 8 Jul 1998 helga.arlington at adls.org.nz wrote:

> I know that many libraries do this with a browser based menu - here the=20
> weighting of usage is strongly towards local resources rather than Internet=
> =20
> ones, so it seems logical to run the menu locally also -

So use a HTML based menu system, but store the menu in a local file.  No
rule against having your homepage be a file: URL.  I'd suspect it would be
an even more interesting hack on a '98 box with the integrated browser,
with a little cleverness you could do all sorts of things like putting the
menu on the background wallpaper.

p.s. Please fix your mail client so it won't put those annoying =20's at
the end of lines. Tell your client NOT to mime encode your text, it's an
old bug in older versions of Microsoft's Inbox.

John M.      http://www.dtx.net/~jmorris         This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++ W+ N++ w-- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r%