Dialog Web

Nancy L. George ngeorge at salem.mass.edu
Thu Jul 2 10:29:59 EDT 1998

We tried this a little while ago (currently we have FirstSearch, EBSCO,
IAC, SilverPlatter Web based products) and might even get it through a
consortium type deal.  I remember the user interface having the potential
to be a bit confusing for patrons.  However, I also remember it being
packed with some pretty good databases.

Nancy

>> I am puzzled by the lack of responses regarding the use of Dialog's Web
>> based product. Are people not using it because it is not reliable, or
>> are there silent satisfied customers out there?  If we turn our students
>> loose on it, will they be able to find what they are looking for?

>> Thomas Edelblute, Systems Librarian  phone (619) 635-4683
>> United States International University   fax (619) 635-4689
>> Education to take you places           e-mail: tedelblu at usiu.edu

Nancy L. George
Electronic Resources Librarian
Salem State College Library