Dialog Web reliability

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Thu Jul 2 08:29:38 EDT 1998

Thomas,

Saw your first post and didn't respond because with the advent of Web pages and with our employing of Ebsco Host, Searchbank, etc., we dropped all services like Dialog.  We are a Community College and don't find much need for the services Dialog provides since we can get like services and let the students do the searching.

Would seem to me that for you and Universities like yours Dialog, along with other well developed services would be a great aid.

John

+++++-----+++++-----+++++------+++++------+++++------+++++
John H. Rosenhamer         Technical Services Librarian
	        Oklahoma City Community College
7777 S. May Ave.                Oklahoma City, OK   73159
(405) 682-1611 ext. 7229              FAX: (405) 682-7585
                      jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us

Opinions are mine (I think) and not necessarily those
                of my employer or anyone else.

>>> Thomas Edelblute <tedelblu at usiu.edu> 07/01/98 02:51PM >>>
I am puzzled by the lack of responses regarding the use of Dialog's Web
based product. Are people not using it because it is not reliable, or
are there silent satisfied customers out there?  If we turn our students
loose on it, will they be able to find what they are looking for?

Thomas Edelblute, Systems Librarian  phone (619) 635-4683
United States International University   fax (619) 635-4689
Education to take you places           e-mail: tedelblu at usiu.edu