Registering MIME types

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Tue Jul 14 22:36:36 EDT 1998

from the original post:

> a new mime type within a domain. I am trying to launch some applications
> from the web using some *** windows batch programming,***  and it works if I
use
> one of the currently registered types - but this is not desirable for

Even stranger assumption that Apache on a SUN box indicates a unix client too?

James Klock wrote:

> At 05:44 AM 7/14/98 -0700, you wrote:
> >3. I assume you are using M$ Windows not X-Windows, so what type
> >    of batch programming are you refering to,WinBatch, DOS batch files,
> >    or some other Window or DOS batch scripting?
>
> A very strange assumption...  The previous poster said he was running
> Apache on a Sun box, and the last I heard, M$ hasn't made a Windows OS for
> Sun hardware (and, IMHO, they aren't bloodly likely to any time soon!)
>
> James

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/

Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

In librarianship--as elsewhere--the quality of service is not measured by
the number of complaints received