NEW: webwomen - Women Web Professionals Discussion List

Mike Madin madin at academicinfo.net
Wed Jul 1 01:48:44 EDT 1998

To bring this back to Web resources...

I'm working on a directory of U.S. History Internet resources and I've
created separate pages for 'American Women's History' and 'African American
History.'  Is this the way to go? Or if I incorporate all the links on
these pages in with the other history pages is that a better way to
organize my site? I've got a lot of overlap as it is.

If I incorporate the links then all the history sites will be together and
the contributions of women and African Americans would not be set apart to
some 'other' web location.

On the other hand a lot of people search specifically for Women's history
and African American history and it seems real useful from a users
standpoint to keep separate listings. Currently I have a lot of overlap
which is likely the best way to go. So keep dual listings?

Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated.

http://www.academicinfo.net/histus.html		U.S. History Home Page & Index
http://www.academicinfo.net/uswomen.html	American Women's History
http://www.academicinfo.net/africanam.html	African American History

Mike Madin