disable wallpaper

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 22 11:42:54 EDT 1998

Hi all,

I still think the easiest way to fix this problem is to set the wallpaper
file to read-only.  This will keep people from saving the file in the
first place -- deleting the file at start-up fixes a problem after it has
happened -- this prevents it in the first place.  Think about it this way
-- do you want an offensive background for all to see which is only fixed
by rebooting the machine?

The read-only solution is at:

http://www.ufaq.org/navcom/defeatwallpaper.html

and includes fixes for Win 3.x, Win95/98 and WinNT.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI