Web-site Development Tools

JQ Johnson jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Tue Jul 21 19:12:29 EDT 1998

>Yes I am still hand coding. The only thing I've seen that is more work
with
>hand coding is image maps.

Here's a test for all you hand-coders.  Suppose you have a web page
containing a large table (say a half dozen columns and a score of rows,
with some spanned rows and some cells containing nested tables.  Swap
columns 2 and 3.

That's a 10 sec chore using an HTML editor that understands tables (even
Microsoft Word).  It's a 10 min. chore using BBEdit.

JQ Johnson                      Office: 115F Knight Library
Academic Education Coordinator  mailto:jqj at darkwing.uoregon.edu
1299 University of Oregon       phone: 1-541-346-1746; -3485 fax
Eugene, OR  97403-1299          http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~jqj/