Winframe server and Java based library catalogues

Jean-Marc Edwards jedwards at uottawa.ca
Fri Jul 17 05:27:10 EDT 1998

Hello all,

We are thinking of using a Winframe server and Windows terminal to
access our Dynix catalogue which is in Java. We have not yet started
the testing of this configuration.

Our users will be accessing the catalogue using Netscape running on
the Winframe server.

Does anyone know if Citrix Winframe will let Netscape run Java
applications properly? Is the display on the Windows terminal fine
when Java-based applications run from Netscape on the Winframe server ?

You can write to me or to the list. I will summarize answers.

Jean-Marc Edwards
Bibliothecaire de systemes (Internet et Formation)/Systems Librarian (Internet and Training)
Reseau de bibliotheques / Library Network
Universite d'Ottawa / University of Ottawa
email: mailto:jedwards at uottawa.ca
tel: 562-5800 ext.3225
Page web du reseau de bibliotheques: http://www.uottawa.ca/library