IKIOSK and Netscape Communicator 4.0

Kay McCoy mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Tue Jul 7 15:44:54 EDT 1998

Charles,

I suggest that you contact Hyper Technologies about your problems.   I have
found them to be extremely willing to help.    Their support page can be
found at:       http://www.hypertec.com/contact/contact.htm

Good luck.

Kay R. McCoy                             mccoyk at raleigh.lib.wv.us
Automation Manager                    phone/fax:  304-465-5664
Fayette County Public Libraries
Oak Hill, WV  25901

----------
> From: Charles P. Hobbs <transit at primenet.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: IKIOSK and Netscape Communicator 4.0
> Date: Tuesday, July 07, 1998 3:09 PM
>

> In the library where I work, we have several PC's running Netscape
> 3.0, and secured by Ikiosk 2.04. So far everything worked fine.
>
> Then, I started to upgrade to Netscape 4.0.5,  and discovered that
> Ikiosk doesn't work particularly well. First of all, since I already
> had Netscape 3.0 in the "tree", Ikiosk wouldn't let me add 4.0 to
> the tree, saying that "Netscape is already in the tree". So I removed
> 3.0 and then tried to install 4.0 into the tree, but then Ikiosk
> sent a message "Could not find menus in this application". Finally,
> I tried to use the "record" feature on the menus I wanted to disable,
> but Ikiosk didn't seem to have any effect on them (recorded menus which I
> had clearly marked 'disabled' were still available)
>
> Has anyone else had problem,s using Netscape 4.0 and Ikiosk? How
> about Internet Explorer 4.0?
>
> Thanks. . .

---