JavaScript links

John M. Morris jmorris at dtx.net
Mon Jul 6 15:36:59 EDT 1998

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Roy Tennant wrote:

> At the risk of being called an idiot, I've been
> experimenting with JavaScript links on some pages that are not yet

> http://www.lib.unb.ca/Help/english.html

Nope, still needs work.  Just hit that page with lynx and it won't follow
any of the links. I have seen JavaScript used to good effect in drop down
boxes like those to go ahead and do the submit automatically, and so long
as an actual submit button also exists for non-JS browsers it is a nice
touch. For an example of a working implementation, go look at
www.unitedmedia.com's comic strip selection gadget. Then ya know.... view
source, cut, paste.  The Internet Way! :-)

John M.      http://www.dtx.net/~jmorris         This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++ W+ N++ w-- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r%