Web-site Development Tools

H.I.S. his at virtuallibrarian.com
Fri Jul 24 21:57:02 EDT 1998

Hi.

I love my Office products from Microsoft.  Frontpage is a slick and easy
interface for web developers.  However if you happen to look at the server
software required to run Frontpage adequately (another MS product) you'll
see why many folks in the industry don't like Frontpage and it's
proprietary tags.  The MS Server that Frontpage works with is a mess, with
a lot of security holes.  I prefer O'Reilly's Website, and Allaire's
Homesite to Microsoft products in this arena.

Cynthia Hetherington, tech. librarian
Englewood Public Library, NJ