Javascript on static vs. on-the-fly WWW pages

Allan R Barclay abarclay at iupui.edu
Thu Jan 29 06:51:32 EST 1998

Greetings!

We are trying to embed a javascript alert in a web page generated by a perl
script, but when we do the entry that works on a static page (i.e. one
actually residing on our server) just prints out as text on the
perl-generated page. We have a web-based ILL form and apparently users
aren't sufficiently convinced that their request has been received even
when they get the perl-generated "thank you, here's your request" feedback
page. While I could put the alert in the submit button on the form, for
"truth in advertising" reasons I'd rather have it as part of the feedback
page since this means the request has actually gone through (and if they
don't acknowledge the alert keyed to the submit button then their request
*hasn't* been submitted).

Thanks for any suggestions,

Allan

Allan R Barclay                         Email: abarclay at iupui.edu
Reference Librarian                     Voice: (317) 274-2254
Indiana University School of Medicine   Fax: (317) 274-4056
Ruth Lilly Medical Library          http://www.medlib.iupui.edu/medcai/
975 W. Walnut St.  IB 100         http://www.medlib.iupui.edu/students/
Indianapolis, IN  46202          http://www.medlib.iupui.edu/hw/neuro/