PubMed Changes

David Goodman dgoodman at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Wed Jan 28 13:04:40 EST 1998

There's a very good alternative--on the Pubmed search page, click the
button for InternetGratefulMed, which has the best designed interface for
entering logical combinations that I've ever seen (though its limited in
some other respects).
Another solution is to use the Pub Med Advanced Search  moder, and after
searching of one term or phrase, then add terms to the query.
However, the best way of using PubMed is to not use Boolean logica at all,
but to just find one clearly relevant article, and then use the Related
Articles feature. Unlike other systems with that feature, this gives such
good results that I present it to our undergraduates as the preferred
way of searching.

 David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman at pucc.princeton.edu            609-258-3235