Netscape cache files

Paul H. Gray phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Wed Jan 21 11:03:48 EST 1998

At 04:03 PM 1/20/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I would like to hear what other libraries are doing with their Netscape
>cache files. . . . but some people here
>feel that you have to empty cache to enhance performance. Is this an
>issue or not?

Well - we empty the cache for other reasons.
We do a --full- virus scan of our hard drives each morning.
This means checking every file.  Since Netscape's cache can be hundreds of
files this was taking far too long.
We have included a line in our autoexec just before the virus scan that
deletes all files in the cache directory.

If there is any change to performance - for the better or worse - it has
not been noticeable.
Paul H. Gray, Learning Resources Manager	Phone:  (817)515-6623
TCJC Northeast LRC				Fax:    (817)515-6275
828 Harwood Road				E-Mail: phgray at tcjc.cc.tx.us
Hurst, Texas 76054