Internet access: Downloading issues

morganj at iupui.edu morganj at iupui.edu
Sat Jan 17 08:41:02 EST 1998

Our library has always encouraged downloading to cut our paper costs. (In
a research library our users tend to print lots of citations.)  We sell
disks and allow users to bring their own.  We use a standard virus
checker.
With the development of web interfaces, I think we might want to show
users how to save personnel bookmark files on their own floppies to take
with them.  It might even be reasonable to allow them use of a product
like webwhacker that would allow them to capture a number of pages for
review at home, if the library has a better internet connection than they
will have at home.

Jim Morgan
morganj at iupui.edu