Research Guidance for Library to host - Useful?

David Novak director at cn.net.au
Thu Jan 15 05:19:04 EST 1998

Good Afternoon All,

I publish the Information Research FAQ and a large website on research
guidance. The meat of the site is a collection of articles to walk-though
the process of effective research, drawing in Internet sources, Library
references and some appraisals of commercial information. It rests at
http://cn.net.au

My question is this:

    Could I convince libraries to host the articles on their website?

For my part, I should think libraries would be happy for the assistance.
Library patrons may expect assistance, but it is not the role of each
library to organize the Internet. Most library websites are rather lame on
research guidance, but there are some research worthy resources online
including commercial quality databases and directories. I have already
completed the programming to continually update the articles, but I am
unfamiliar with approaching libraries.

Advice? Suggestions? Interest?

Thank you,

David Novak