Tables

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jan 14 09:48:09 EST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Adele Hoskin <ahoskin at iquest.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 1998 2:27 AM
Subject: Tables

>I have the following instructions on a page:

We sit in the full lotus position and chant in unison:

    The contents of <TABLE> are an optional
      <CAPTION> followed by table rows.
    The contents of <TR> are table cells,
      <TH> and <TD>.
    The contents of table cells can be just
      about anything.
    Om mane padme validateme hummmmmm

(The TABLE chant is being modified slightly for HTML 4.0 goodies like TBODY,
THEAD, TFOOT, etc.)

I'm guessing that the missing <TR> tag will go a long way toward fixing
things.

>With windows95 and Netscape 4.0, page is perfect.  On windows3.2 and
>Netscape 3.0, the two large columns overlap and I'm not sure what has
>happened to the middle column.

There may be some quibbling over what constitutes perfect rendering of a 650
pixel wide table on screens or windows narrower than that.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu