Proxy Server Pblm w/FirstSearch Solved

Mack Lundy mack at janus.swem.wm.edu
Tue Jan 13 14:44:56 EST 1998

Last year I posted one or more messages describing a problem we were having
connecting to FirstSearch through Netscape's Proxy Server (version 2.5 on
Windows NT).

We discovered that we don't have the problem (400 error when trying to
connect to a database) running the unix version of the proxy server.
Apparently, on the NT version, the part of the URL that identifies the
database gets truncated.  OCLC said that there is a problem with the proxy
server posting form data.  I'm not sure that I understand what that actually
means but the end result is that FirstSearch server doesn't have a
destination database to link to.

Mack
-----
Mack A. Lundy III, Library Systems Manager
College of William and Mary, Swem Library
voice:  757.221.3114     fax:  757.221.2635
email:  mack at janus.swem.wm.edu