Timeout and passwords

Becky Rohr rohr at noblenet.org
Tue Jan 13 11:46:22 EST 1998

We use WinU, a security and menuing program to time out from Netscape, and
from other programs on our public pc's.  By linking to the browser or
another program through a menu button, WinU can time out the program for
any specified amount of time.  You also have the option of having a
message appear on the screen reminding the patron they have been using the
program for 15 minutes, 1/2 hour, etc., whatever time period you would
like to choose, without actually timing out the program.  WinU also
provides very good security for locking down the desktop.