Web accessable OPACs

Cousineau, Laura lkc at mail.lib.duke.edu
Tue Jan 13 08:36:03 EST 1998

re:
Greetings,
Would anybody have, or know of, information relating to the effects of
opening a libraries OPAC to the internet? Ideally I would like to get a
before and after analysis on the effect on other services, policies,
etc. in a library. Any articles or studies you could point me toward
would be of immense help and greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
--
JKnight
Omaha Nebraska
jknight at home.com

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "opening a libraries OPAC to the
internet"?  Are you talking about offering a web interface to your OPAC on an
open web browser, or are you talking about adding records for internet resources
to your OPAC database?

Laura

Laura Cousineau
Perkins Library, Reference