graphic submit buttons

Kevin Justie kjustie at nslsilus.ORG
Fri Jan 9 12:05:09 EST 1998

I've seen references (but no examples) in two HTML books for replacing a
standard Submit button with a graphic button, using an Input tag like this:

   <INPUT TYPE=Submit  VALUE="Go"  SRC="../graphics/go.gif">

Yet the above gives me only a standard text "Go" button.  Both books also
mention an earlier way of doing the same thing:

   <INPUT TYPE=Image  SRC="../graphics/go.gif">

But, they say this method may be phased out.

Has anyone used the first method?  If it does work, what's the proper tag
syntax?  And can ALT text be included for non-graphic/graphics-off browsers?

Thanks!