Opera 3.0 released

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Jan 8 17:25:54 EST 1998

Since I've just been chastised for being a Microsoft shill, let's see if
this redeems me.  I never saw the announcement here, but within the last
week or so, Opera Software officially released Opera 3.0 for 32- and 16-bit
Windows platforms.  It has added support for JavaScript and some Netscape
plug-ins.  Still no Java, CSS, or Unicode support, but that's supposed to be
in the works, along with a full-fledged mail client and DHTML support.

The download has, alas, ballooned in size to over 1.1MB - almost a tenth the
size of the last Netscape I downloaded and a twentieth the size of my MSIE
download ;-)  It remains fast, highly configurable, and easy to use.  It
isn't free, but if you want to support software from companies that aren't
out to rule the world, it's US$30 well spent.

http://www.operasoftware.com/ for more information.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu