Printing from DOS

Judy McBrian jbrian at evansville.net
Thu Jan 22 10:40:53 EST 1998

List members,
I'm Sys Admin (or is the title Confused Admin?)in a smaller library.  My
tasks are many and varied, and my techinical skills are
learn-as-you-earn.  Most of the time pc's and systems cooperate.  Most
of you are also way beyond the question I'm about to ask.
We have a couple of University student-patrons who bring small DOS based
programs on floppy to this library to work on.  Our 10+ public pcs are
all WIN95 networked into 4 printers. (One laser, two DM, one Inkjet)
More often than not they cannot get their material to print.  Query, is
this a WIN95 issue or am I missing something really basic?
This is probably a dumb question, but I've learned if you don't ask dumb
questions you're likely to DO dumb things.
TIA

Judy McBrian
Boonville Library
jbrian at evansville.net