ACLU gives Kern County Ultimatum, tries to bully Austin

Wilfred Drew drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Thu Jan 22 09:04:46 EST 1998

David

They are not extortionists.  They are not asking for money.  You may
disagree with them but you don't have to call names and create emotional
tension for everyone.

> "The Supreme Court in Reno v. ACLU held that the Internet, as much as
> the books and newspapers found in our public libraries, is entitled to
> the very highest level of First Amendment protection," Beeson said.

They are ensuring the frist amendment protections for all of us.  You are
just as aware of the thorny issues involved here and how things seen as
controversial and likely to offend some can be easily banned.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill"); Associate Librarian (Systems, Reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
E-mail: DREWWE at MORRISVILLE.EDU powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
AOL Instant Messenger:BillDrew2
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
Homepage: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/>
Not Just Cows: <http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/?ng>
LibraryLinks: <http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/>
Address Book Card available upon request (v-card)