netscape cache and netscape freeze

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Sun Jan 4 19:35:05 EST 1998

After reading my previous reply I could see how it could be misleading
and misunderstood.  My intention was to point out that the cache was the
problem whether it was trying to load java,jpg, text or whatever.  It
appears that the file in the cache was corrupt.  So, upon rerunning
netscape, the browser wanted to load a local cache copy of a file(which
is corrupt) and this would cause the browser to continuously crash until
the cache was manually totally deleted.  If you use any browser and set
any cache at all you can still fall across this type of incident.  If
you rerun the browser immediatly after a crash not even Navigator 3.04
has had time to clean up the cache that soon.  Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Thomas