authentication with iis4

Glen Davies GLEN at rimu.cce.ac.nz
Thu Feb 26 20:23:46 EST 1998

Hi

Does anybody know if the following user authentication scheme is
possible with iis4. I want to have  subdirectory of the server for
which the server first of all checks the client ip, if the ip is valid access is
allowed, if not the client is asked for basic userid and password.

It is a bit hard to tell from the online documentation. It is obvious that
it does one or the other but it is not clear if two levels of
authentication are possible. I want to find out if this is possible
before I go to the bother of downloading and installing it.

Thanks
Regards
Glen

Glen Davies